Send martenitsa to your friends!
The Martenitsa (martenica)... this magical amulet inherited by our predecessors is the first sign of the coming spring. That's why each Bulgarian wears martenitsa on the first of March, symbolizing ones faith that hereon everything will be better. People will smile because they believe they have won the benevolence of Baba Marta.
Grandmother Marta, traditional Bulgarian custom (Baba Marta). Photos (pictures) of martenitsa. Send martenica card to your friends or buy martenica from Balkanfolk shop.
Photos from the dance Hasekiiski tantsi choreographed by Vasil Gerlimov, music by Stefan Chapkanov. The performance is by Professional folklore ensemble "Strandzha", Burgas. The recording is from the concert "Folk Dance Panorama in Burgas" in 2018. Folk Dance Panorama is organized and conducted by the Bulgarian Dance Art Foundation.
Photos from the dance Sharena gayda (Colorful bagpipe) choreographed by Ivaylo Ivanov, music by Georgi Andreev. The performance is by Filip Kutev National Folklore Ensemble. The recording is from the concert "Folk Dance Panorama in Sofia" in 2018. Folk Dance Panorama is organized and conducted by the Bulgarian Dance Art Foundation.
Photos from the dance Parva sreshra (First Meeting) choreographed by Daniela Dzheneva, music by Lyuben Dosev. The performance is by Ensemble "Trakia", Plovdiv. The recording is from the concert Folk Dance Panorama in Povdiv in 2018. Folk Dance Panorama is organized and conducted by the Bulgarian Dance Art Foundation.
Photos from the dance "Koledari" choreography: Toncho Tonchev, music: Stoyan Gagov. The performance is by the Dance Group "Rombana", Yambol. The recording is from the concert Folk Dance Panorama in Burgas in 2018. Artistic directors of the Ensemble "Rombana" are Maya and Rumen Todorovi.
Pictures of details of Bulgarian folk costumes made in Atelier Balkanfolk. Photos of coats, jackets, towels, pinafores, men's embroidered shirts, women's embroidered shirts, aprons and other items. Bulgarian folk costumes
VI virtual edition of the International Student Folklore Festival "Meetings of the Friendship" - Varna, Bulgaria from 20.11.2020 to 21.11.2020.
· Academic Folklore Ensemble "GERGANA" - Varna, Bulgaria
· Academic Folklore Ensemble at The Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts "Prof. Asen Diamandiev" - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
· Student Dance Ensemble "PULDIN" - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
· Academic Dance Theater "Chernorizets Hrabar" at Varna Free University, Bulgaria
· University Folk Dance group at the Medical University "Prof. D-r Paraskev Stoyanov”, Varna – Bulgaria
· Student Folklore Ensemble "ZORNITSA" - Sofia, Bulgaria
· Student ensemble for folk dances and songs "ALTAN BULAG" Ulan-Ude, Republic of Buryatia, Russian Federation
· Songs and Dance National Ensemble "GEORGIAN FOLKLORE" (TSMU), Tbilisi, Georgia
· Ballet Folklorico "TZONTEMOC" - Mexico
· Student Folk Ensemble MUGURELUL Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj Napoca, Romania
· Folk Dance Theatre “ESCADA” – Lviv, Ukrainev