Plain view |
||2nd International Folk Festival - Paralia Katerini Greece
||Paralia Katerini - Pieria Greece
Aiginio – Makrigialos -Methoni
(6th - 10th July 2013)
Organizers : Region of Central Macedonia, Regional Unit of Pieria
Municipality of Pydna -Kolindros
Propantos Organization Center
The festival will be held in Aiginio – Makrigialos - Methoni, Pieria (35 km from Thessaloniki), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of Mount Olympus, the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, and close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The fist was held during the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the independece of the region and it had very big success. We expect that the 2nd festival will have also the same and biggest success and participation. It will provide oportunities to the participants to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experience and contacts with other folk groups and have a unique vacations.
Google map location - Here
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups from Europe
- Number and age of participants is not limited
- Each group should bring a flag of their country.
- The group should have prepared at least 15-20 minutes program accompanied by orchestra or CD
- The registration form should be sent before 31st of March, 2013 in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be delivered to you along with payment instructions. Only 25% of the total amount should be paid before 10th of April 2013, for garant tax and reservation. The invitation letter will be sent to you after reveivimg your payment receipt. The rest of the total ammount for the group, must be received in the day of your arrival in Pieria. In case of cancellation no refund will be given.
Pictures from the 1st International Festival August 2012
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMODATION
The registration fee is 98 Euros per person
The arrangment price includes :
- 5 days (4 nights) (half board - breakfast and dinner) in 2* hotels (in three-bed rooms) by the seaside of Pieria
Hotels: www.rgstatushotel.gr , www.reginamare.com.gr, www.hotellilalo.gr , www.pieriamare.gr, www.hotelhelios.gr, www.achillionhotel.com.gr, www.hotelnafsika.gr , www.hotelmouses.gr .
- Every 25 participants one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
- If accommodation is exceeded (additional days), it will cost 25 Euros a day per person (half board - breakfast and dinner) in 2* hotels (in three-bed rooms)
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra five (5) euros a day per person
- Optional Tours – excursions.
- Transport to and from the airport is on the group’s expenses. However, the organizing committee can provide transport to and from the airport on reasonable prices.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on their personal responsibility.
6/7/2013: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel – A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for swimming, walk to the market and clubs – Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
7/7/2013: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). - At 8:00a.m. we will go to the place where the show will be held - parade and performance – After performance meal will be offered.
8/7/2013: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). - At 8:00a.m. we will go to the place where the show will be held - parade and performance – After performance meal will be offered
9/7/2013: Breakfast – All day free, for shopping – swimming at the beach - Optional excursion. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
10/7/2013: Breakfast- Departure of the groups.
* Optional Tours - excursions (e.g. Cosmopolitan - coastal areas and beaches, City of Thessaloniki, Islands Skiathos and Skopelos, Mount Olympus, Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina, traditional villages,). Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants.
** Certificates of participation will be given
*** Invitation letter will be provided if needed
**** The final programme of the festival could be changed by the organizers if needed.
We are looking forward to meeting and cooperating with your group at our festival.
P.S. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.
Propantos Organization Center
60100 Katerini, Greece
Tel-fax: 00302351030787 mob 00306973854977
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org